Ziba & Co Pty Ltd ACN 152 536 519 trading as Ziba Collection respects the privacy of your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains in general terms our policy for protecting the privacy of your personal information.
Collection Of Personal Information
We will collect personal information directly from you when we provide our goods and services to you. Generally, this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about our goods and services, register for promotions or when you request other information from us, When you engage in certain activities online or when visiting us, such as promotion, filling out a survey or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities.
Depending upon the reason for requiring the information, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information or any other information we require in order for us to provide our products or services to you, we may be unable to provide our products or services to you in an effective manner, or at all.
We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback. We do not disclose your information to market research organisations.
Type Of Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information about you to the extent necessary for us to provide you with our goods and services. For instance, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, credit card number and expiry date, contact and identification information, current drivers licence and current passport. As a general rule, we do not collect sensitive information. However, if we do so, it will be for the purposes of providing our goods and services to you. Where we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information, we will seek your consent prior to collection.
Use And Disclosure Of Personal Information
We will use your personal information to provide you with our goods and services. We will tell you why we are collecting the information at the time we collect it and how we intend to use it unless these are obvious at the time of collection. We may need to obtain your information from our website to provide you with any services that you request by submitting an online enquiry form. We will not disclose your personal information unless the disclosure is required or authorised by law, you have consented to us disclosing the information about you, or for another purpose (related to the primary purpose for which the information was collected).
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as but not limited to the following purposes:
1. Identity verification: if required, the verification of your identity and age.
2. Sales and delivery: the provision of our products and services to you including, Payment processing, including charging, credit card authorisation, verification and debt collection.
- Refunds, exchanges, warranty claims or repairs.
- Uses in connection with purchased Professional Care Plans.
- Details of current and past products purchased.
- To provide customer service functions, including handling customer enquiries and complaints.
- To provide you with product awareness information.
Marketing and consumer analytics:
- Using your information to, Offer you updates, or other content or products and services or events that may be of interest to you.
- Improve our services (including contacting you about those improvements and asking you to participate in surveys and reviews about our products and services).
- Marketing and promotional activities by us (including by direct marketing by mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages) such as our customer loyalty programs and newsletters.
General administrative and security use:
- The maintenance and development of our products and services, business systems and infrastructure.
- To provide customer services to customers and for quality assurance purpose when calls are made to our customer services department
- To protect our website from security threats, theft, fraud, burglary or other criminal activities.
- The processing of any application and the consideration of your credit information.
- The processing of any payments, refunds or exchanges.
- Marketing in addition, we may also use this type of personal information for marketing purposes
- Offer you updates, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Improve our services
- Marketing and promotional activities by us.
Utilising the information collected for the purpose of assessing candidate suitability for role, including by obtaining:
- Verification of your identity and age.
- Criminal history background checks including publically available information including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
The types of disclosures we will make of personal information collected for the type of purposes listed include, without limitation, to:
- Third parties connected with the sales and after sales process including, payment platform providers, financial institutions, credit service providers and credit reporting bodies.
- Third parties connected with the marketing process including, messaging service providers, marketing list providers or other third parties who assist us in providing our products and services to you.
- As required or authorised by law.
- The third party credit provider who is (or may) provide the credit services to you.
- Credit reporting agencies and credit providers
- Our contractors and agents, including but not limited to third party providers who undertake our bill and/or credit services on our behalf and any third party providers who provide us with ecommerce services, or who assist us in providing our products and services to you.
- Offshore and Australian service providers
- As required or authorised by law.
- Our third party partners, such as magazines, media companies who assist us with a competition or promotion.
- Service providers (including IT service providers).
We have in place appropriate physical and electronic security procedures to protect the security of personal information under our control from loss, misuse, modification, destruction or unauthorised access. We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. Including restricted access to our server and the use of encryption technology during when using our online shopping facility.
Access And Correction
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which we hold, except in some exceptional circumstances provided by law (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)). You are also entitled to edit and correct such information if the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We may refuse to provide access if the Australian Privacy Principles allow us to do so. If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, send us an email at email@example.com
Links To Other Sites
If you would like further information about the way we manage the privacy of your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes To our Policy
If you require any further information about the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles, you can visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au.